You Cant Fudge This Recipe Up!
No marshmallows, marshmallow cream, or chocolate chips needed in this fudge recipe and if you fallow these directions, you will soon be enjoying your new favorite fudge!
Old Fashioned Scratch Fudge Recipe:
- 4 Cups organic sugar
- 1 Cup Cacao Powder
- 2 Cups Milk
- 8 Tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 Tablespoon Real Vanilla
- Optional: 1 cup of whatever you might want to throw in! [Cashews, pecans, walnuts, homemade marshmallows (recipe coming soon), raisins, pistachios, macadamianuts, dare I go on?]
- Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
- Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 238 degrees F(114 degrees C). If you are not using a thermometer, then cook until a drop of this mixture in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball. Feel the ball with your fingers to make sure it is the right consistency. It should flatten when pressed between your fingers.
- Remove from heat. Add butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge loses its sheen. Do not under beat. It will take some muscle if you’re able to use a mixer, it may shorten the beating time.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool. Cut however you like!
- Post a comment on how it turned out! : )