No marshmallows, marshmallow cream, or chocolate chips needed in this fudge recipe and if you fallow these directions, you will soon be enjoying your new favorite fudge!
Old Fashioned Scratch Fudge Recipe:
- 4 Cups organic sugar
- 1 Cup Cacao Powder
- 2 Cups Milk
- 8 Tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 Tablespoon Real Vanilla
- Optional: 1 cup of whatever you might want to throw in! [Cashews, pecans, walnuts, homemade marshmallows (recipe coming soon), raisins, pistachios, macadamianuts, dare I go on?]
- Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
- Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 238 degrees F(114 degrees C). If you are not using a thermometer, then cook until a drop of this mixture in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball. Feel the ball with your fingers to make sure it is the right consistency. It should flatten when pressed between your fingers.
- Remove from heat. Add butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge loses its sheen. Do not under beat. It will take some muscle if you’re able to use a mixer, it may shorten the beating time.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool. Cut however you like!
- Post a comment on how it turned out! : )